Friday, 22 November 2013

Mapping, pitching planning... Drawing!

So I'm going to take a break from the story for a bit.. I have it quite settled now which is a good thing after shifting so many things around with the plot and the general character personalities. To shuffle things round, I'm going to start with asset lists, a start of the game brief and a few sketches to get the arty side going.

Since I was in charge of Character designs at uni for my last project, I didn't really take note of how much assets needed to be created from the smallest thing such as a pint glass to a massive tree. This game I'm creating is going to have a lot of assets but I may need to rethink and shorten the list.

It's been a while since I touched a pencil and a pad of paper so I'm going to be very rusty... I may even move forward and start digitally on Photoshop as I have been practicing my digital art skills. I may not be able to realistically paint, but I can certainly create fun and imaginative characters and environments and that's good enough for me and hopefully good enough for the people playing it too. Although I am learning to paint realistically still... I'm always going to keep feeding my mind with arty, businessy, gamey knowledge. Especially if I'm going onto the self employment and business route.

As some of you may know from my facebook design page, I am creating floor plans to help me see what sort of assets I would need to place into the game itself. The plans are a mess containing a mixture of pen, pencil and possibly a blood sacrifice I don't know, I was on a sugar high, it could have just been a paper cut... anyway, it's a mess. But it helps to map out plans to show how it's going to be built for the player and to keep them in the playable space.

Over this week, I have decided that if I am going to pitch this idea to something like kickstarter, a trust fund or even a bank for a loan, I can't make a whole game to show them. By the time I finish it I would probably be living in a gutter somewhere... so I'm going to create the first part of the level that I have written for, very much like a demo. Hopefully that would be a good enough pitch if I get the publicity right. That's why I'm asking you guys to look at this, share my page, like it and so on... I thank the guys who have done this already! It's what's helping me get my name out and I appreciate it! :) I might also start vlogging if anyone is interested in seeing my large, English mug on the screen. I won't be offended if you feel sick... I have that effect on people...

So I guess that's me for the time being, I might post some of the plans and sketches depending on how secretive I want to be... and I shall speak soon! Oh and here's my FB page for liking and sharing. Please continue this for me as it produces lots of cookies for me to digitally distribute through the power of the cookienet! cookies are tasty.


https://www.facebook.com/afdesign92 - Go on, a click on the like button won't hurt you. But it will hurt my feelings if you don't... not really, but do like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment